100 S Wright Ave
Long Beach, MS 39560
1031 Steelman Lane
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Click on pictures for larger image.
How to Stage a Successful Hoop Shoot
There shall be two divisions, boys & girls, and three categories in each division:
Boys and Girls in the 8-9 Age Category may shoot four feet in front of the regulation foul line.
(1) Each contestant will get five warm-up shots.
(2) Each contestant will then shoot 10 free throws for score. The contestant will go to the end of the line.
(3) After all contestants have shot 10 free throws for score, each contestant will shoot an additional 15 free throws for score.
(4) Contestant cannot bounce the ball more than four times between shots.
(5) Contestant must stay behind the foul line until the ball has touched the hoop, backboard or net.
(6) The contestant with the best score out of a possible 25 wins.
(7) Ties will be broken by taking five additional shots in the same shooting order as the regular contest and if still tied, a series of five more shots until the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is determined in each of the three age-groups. All tied shots will be made at the same basket as the previous 25.